Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Our 'raw' experience ripens..

September 7, 2006
Our 'raw' experience ripens..
www.raw.com.pk/blogs/sadaf

RAW - sounded pretty 'raw' and undefined to me initially.....i didn't quite understand it when i was first introduced to it..for me, it was just that they needed writers, and phatz knew i wrote for the community, so she recommended me to them...

Initially, when I was asked to write for RAW - 'an online entertainment magazine' as Ahmed said to me, i was wondering whether i was really needed here..But what immediately and continuously motivated me was the plot, and more than anything, Nabeel's approach and passion to RAW. If it weren't for him, and his profound thoughts, plans, aims and efforts, I would'nt have learnt so much on the way to the 'harvest'....

i always felt i couldnt do justice to it - because I was already involved with community works, but somehow, RAW had a different feel to it..earlier, i was just writing for a very restricted audience of Shi'ite readers; hence it was easy to just write, and for them to read and accept what I wrote out of the many resources available to us..but RAW was far more challenging!

Because, unlike writing for our community, for everything i wrote on RAW, I knew I had to cross-check with all other sources as well as the authenticity of facts I state with lot more understanding and responsibility. It was a process in which, I learnt so much more about the diversities, the different aspects and undiscovered areas of Islam, and the current happenings. (Alhamdulillah)

It also let me see the outside world; I think ever since I turned overly religious, I had developed the habit of shutting myself from the outside world, and thus only relating myself to people who were just like me. For the rest, I had only prayers for hidaayat; and a relation of concern - but no further interaction as such.

RAW opened doors of understanding to me, that INFACT, I should definitely keep myself aware of the things happening beyond the 'Islamic' aspect in life because that IS what Islam really is about: balancing the Worldly life with the spiritual self. I couldnt just shut my eyes against everything that is so prevailing and more attractive than Islam is to every other person. And the actual person to thank here is Nabeel.

Really, not only did he mentor me towards writing what will be 'readable' (though I havnt really been able to successfully apply it in my articles that came on RAW - but I had it lined up in the articles that were to come......) but he was just there to guide us all towards the mission again and again.. He introduced us to wonderful technology; I mean, I didnt ever blog till RAW.. and so many other things on the forums, etc....everyday, in everything we did, served as a wonderful learning experience at RAW - because Nabeel gave us every opportunity from which we could avail the best and express the best...

RAW was a skillfully driven ship with a very dedicated and headstrong sailor; he did whatever it took to make this ship sail the best in all kinds of weathers and sea conditions. Now, it's just time to hit the shore for a while, till he takes off again with his team with the same enthusiasm, and Inshallah with more energy and help from Allah SWT. (Inshallah)

Last but not the least, thanks to RAW, i met a wonderful family- people from all walks of life....A different set of readers altogether, a global web-team - most of us dont even have a clue of what each of us even look or sound like (!!); and the warm set of friends on the forums. It was so nice that we bonded because we all had this attachment with RAW...and we knew we were voicing out to people who were interested to know..

I have so much to ink out - but the above is my amongst the last array of thoughts in my head...I'm going to miss this..and maybe I'm in denial - but I'm thinking, we'll be back again..and if not us, Nabeel will surely be back again..with something bigger, better and even more fruitful, Inshallah

will continue to writing my blogs inshallah on: http://www.sadzee.blogspot.com
God bless u all.. and keep us (RAW team) in du'as...

over & out!
Sadaf Zahra
http://sadafeyzahra.spaces.live.com
http://www.sadzee.blogspot.com


Posted by Sadaf Zahra at 11:00 PM - 7th September 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sister for believing in Raw and me.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home