Monday, May 05, 2008

So, is it a date?

Hmm..how many of you thought on reading the caption that I'm probably talking about a Dinner or Lunch date? I don't blame you if you were expecting that because lately I have been so preoccupied that I'm sure all my friends are longing to have atleast some sort of a Farewell date or something we can set up..and lousy ol' me has to seriously work on that.
With further regrets to my fiance (hubby actually) who reads this - it wasn't about a romantic date for us either.
I expect the least of you to think I was referring to a date (khajoor/tamar) at this point; although, I know if I captioned such an entry in Ramadhan, a Khajoor is exactly what you'd all think about - especially if you're craving to break your fast soon! (lol)
Ah, but I'm sure that the majority of you must be thinking I'm probably talking about - my Wedding date - but it's not that either! I want to pause here to say - its fascinating our lives are so predictable after getting engaged: it's the same cycle everyone goes through, and I never get why we have the same set of questions to ask when making small talk:
After getting engaged:
"So when's the Big day? Is your wedding date fixed yet?"
(Umm, I JUST got engaged..let me get the hang of this culture shock first dear!)
After eventually getting married:
"So when are we hearing good news" *with a teasing wink*
(I JUST got married - atleast give it nine months, auntyji!)
After having your 1st child:
"So when are you having your second one?" (Argh!)
After the 1st child turns a yr old:
"Aww, time flies so quick..So yeah, when are you having your second one?" (Aaaaah!)
After the 1st child turns 2 yrs old:
"So what school are you planning to send your child too?" (Umm....)
And then you meet them middle of the same year:
"Oh you havnt put him into school yet? My blah-blah-blah had the same problem and she did blah-blah-blah" (Aaaahhh!!)
Okay so we've all heard these and probably said alot of these to others too - but what takes the cake is, right when you're dressed as Bride and Groom and someone comes up to the stage and says aloud "Awwww, you were sooooooooo little when I last saw you. You played in my lap when you were so small! And now you've grown so big - getting married!" (making it sound like we probably grew up in a day and decided to get married the 2nd day....lol)
So, although my wedding's just round the corner, the date I was thinking around, had nothing to do with any of the above.
Sometimes, some supposedly-insignificant dates just bring back memories as and when they pass by. Nope, not the usual celebrated dates like Birthdays and Anniversaries, etc.. I was just reminiscing on the 13th of April 2008, how exactly a year back, I had dislocated my right elbow. I remember the date ~ I don't know why, but I do; the date on which my sister moved back to the US, the date on which I started my high protein low carb diet some 3 yrs back; the date I received some great SMS or Email from friends or family..and sometimes, I just struggle to save very old SMS' just to keep track of the date of something I just don't want to let go of. And on changing phones, feel dismay of losing the 'dates' on them.
Don't know if this is normal (and I also know it will sound abnormal to those who have their reminders set up for practically everything they do) But for me..it isn't just a date. It's a lot more than that.
So what date did you think I was talking about?
Might be, I missed out on your thoughts...or maybe, I just caught you in the right place ;)
Signing out,
Sadaf Z (with the little big world up in her head - all cluttered up!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your head is surely cluttered up as when something actually tried to make sense u went the other way .but I guess its all normal. been there done that!!!1

Adila

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..And at the risk of sounding cliche....

how are ur plans going...
do shout if you need anything...and by anything, i mean anything at all...

i've just been thru the ordeal...acutally seems like a century now ;) but I know the score...

so please feel free to shout...dont think for a second.

Mahawish

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and no I didn't write that coz I thot u were cluttered up and needed help! :)

Mahawish

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ygifuwelys.ibnsites.com/gapalo.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://toderavah.kogaryu.com/vucode.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ur last blog is in 2008 ......gosh 2 yrs back .............update ........n see u know all the stories n ppl attitudes then why care?

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home